27/07/2012 – New World Foundation
The Girls & Boys Club is based at the New World Foundation, in Lavender Hill. The aim is to separately address boys and girls aged 11 to 16 years, offering discussions and activities on specific topics every Friday afternoon from 13h30 until 15h30. The Girls and Boys Club consist of 25 girls & 25 Boys.
Creating a safe environment, some of the topics includes:
- Health and sexuality and the responsibilities there off;
- Personal skills development with elements from the “Hero Book” and the “Values in Healthcare” Modules.
- Therapies such as meditation, hand therapy, art therapy, circle dialogues
- Guest speakers from the police, dance companies and health are invited
- Creating journals and journaling
- Watching movies with a strong moral
- Gift making, making beaded bracelets for their mothers for mother’s day
- Preparing to be in dance shows and creating their own fashion shows.
These boys and girls are from poor areas and are provided with a light meal that includes sandwiches, juice and a fruit. The workshops are addressing their physical health and there for hygiene products is a dire need. GOTG provides 50 Hygiene Packs on a monthly basis.
Total Project Value: R6 249.50