Fire in Lamontville 20 May 2016

Gift of the Givers responds within a few hours of receiving an email from Vivienne, owner of  a bakery in Durban, who requested assistance for the 80 families affected by a fire that completely destroyed their homes. The fire was caused by an electrical fault at the informal settlement in Lamontville, Durban.

Our truck arrived with food parcels, blankets, tents, personal hygiene packs and detergents. Turning the resident's sorrow into joy, the team not only distributed the aid, but also assisted with the set up of their tents.

  • IMG-20160520-WA0002
  • IMG-20160520-WA0004
  • IMG-20160520-WA0005
  • IMG-20160520-WA0006
  • IMG-20160520-WA0007
  • IMG-20160520-WA0008
  • IMG-20160520-WA0009
  • IMG-20160520-WA0010