02/09/2018 - Clearoven Fire

Gift of the Givers responds to shack fire at Clearoven informal settlement, Randburg.

The fire, caused by an unattended candle, started yesterday morning at around 03:00. Approximately 263 people affected with 1 fatality and a few burn wounds.

Gift of the Givers is on site distributing food packs, mattresses, blankets, tents, shoes and baby diapers.

The residents are still reeling with shock from the damage caused by this devastating fire that swept through their camp.

  • IMG-20180902-WA0001
  • IMG-20180902-WA0003
  • IMG-20180902-WA0006
  • IMG-20180902-WA0010