Gift of the Givers delivers bottled water to the following institutions: #CapeTownDrought
- Isikhokelo Primary School, Khayelitsha
450 x 5lt
- House of Home Morea Old Age Home, Lotus Rice
288 x 5lt
- Grassy Park Home for Mentally Challenged
144 x 5lt
- Woodside Special Care for Intellectually Challenged and Disabled Children, Rondebosch
288 x 5lt
- Marsh Memorial Children's Home, Rondebosch
More boreholes planned for Cape Town, please contribute here: http://www.giftofthegivers.org/contribute
- 70 residents at the Turfhall Cheshire Home. Water is a vital part of their health as many are on chronic medication.
- Saambou Primary School, Manenberg. 330 learners experienced 4 days of no running water, 200 x
Visiting two springs in Cape Town was an eye opener for the Gift of the Givers teams. Once the water supply was cut to 50L per day on 1 Feb, in essence, Day Zero had been reached. The water restriction knows no race, religion, colour, class, culture or social status. Whether you came walking or in a German luxury vehicle you all stood in the same queue patiently waiting your turn to collect
Gift of the Givers delivers bottled water to:
- Instshinga Primary School, Gugulethu = 432 x 5lt
- Sarah Fox Convalescent Hospital, Bridgetown = 144 x 5lt
- G.H Stark Frail & Old Age Home, Hanover Park = 288 x 5lt
Via ship a consignment of bottled water will leave Durban harbor destined for Cape Town. The Gift of the Givers KZN team loaded 3 x 40ft containers laden with water, an essential part of our existence. #DayZero #CapeTownDrought
All shipping costs and harbor charges were wavered, a big thank you to Transnet and the Shipping Association.
Play your part in Gift of the Givers drought relief campaign
Day Zero is virtually inevitable, the situation cannot be reversed as significant rainfall is not guaranteed and water consumption exceeds daily targets. Four million people face the harsh reality of standing in water queues at 200 distribution points throughout the Western Cape. This process could last a week, a month or even a whole year depending on the strength of our prayer.
Cape Town Drought Relief contributions can be made here:
Gift of the Givers, Standard Bank, Pietermaritzburg, Account No. 052137228, Branch Code 057525. Ref: CT water.
5lt sealed and labeled bottles of water can be dropped off at the points listed in the links below. #CapeTownDrought