Fire in KwaMashu November 2012

Totally destroyed and shattered were the 35 families of a KwaMashu hostel. Their home was reduced to nothing during a heavy storm on Monday when a candle fell over burning a curtain and spread through the entire hostel.Thankfully there were no injuries as the community quickly assisted the victims to escape the horrific blaze.

Aaron Mbango, a community worker, informed GOTG about the disaster and a team was dispatched to distribute:

  • 35 Food Hampers
  • 35 x 24 x 50g Rama
  • 100 Blankets
  • 35 Personal Hygiene Packs

Total Project Value: R43 500.00

  • Kwa_Mashu_pic_1
  • kwa_mashu_pic_3